No matter if you are looking to revamp a huge office full of people, or whether you are thinking about revamping your own home office, there are several ways you can go about it. For most people, a fresh coat of paint would be the first thing that springs to mind, and it is hardly surprising because a fresh coat of paint can quite literally transform an office almost instantly, and especially if you change the colour while you’re at it.
Revamping with office blinds
Choosing office blinds might seem like a daunting task, considering just how many choices you have, but with a little bit of thought, and a tiny bit of creativity, it is easy to find the perfect blinds for your office. Just like a fresh coat of paint can do amazing things for an office, so too can some good looking office window blinds.
Using striped office blinds
Okay, before you start looking at different office design ideas, there are a few basic factors which you should consider. To begin with, think about the size of your office, as well as the size of your office windows. If you are revamping a smallish office you might want to consider striped office blinds; either horizontal stripes or vertical stripes. Striped window blinds create an illusion of more width or more height, depending on which way the stripe is. Vertical stripes can make ceilings look higher whereas horizontal stripes give the illusion of more width.
Choosing the ideal material
Office window blinds come in a range of different materials, including real wood, faux wood, vinyl, and fabric. Real wood blinds are usually more costly, and they typically require more maintenance, but they exude a sense of quality along with a sense of sophistication and refinement. Faux wood blinds can look amazing, and they only require a minimal amount of care. If your office is close to the sea, or in a very humid area, faux wood would probably be a better choice if you need to keep an eye on your budget.
Vinyl blinds and printed blinds are also a great choice for offices because there are just so many different designs and styles to choose from. From plain coloured blinds to intricately designed themes, you can be sure there are styles and designs to suit all tastes.
Final points to consider when buying office blinds
The position of your windows within the office should be taken into consideration when choosing window blinds. North facing windows generally have less natural light than south facing ones. This can be a real bonus in terms of keeping the office cool in the summer, however, it does mean that you need to get as much natural light into the room as possible, not only to help lower lighting bills, but also for your own or co-workers health.
Roller blinds are a great option for north facing windows as they can be raise to the top of the window to expose the maximum amount of glass. However, in south facing windows blinds that are adjustable are a better option. Venetian blinds are a good choice. They are budget friendly and can be angled to prevent harsh sunlight from causing screen glare, they will also help to keep the room cooler during the summer. Office blinds can keep an office looking just the way you want it to look for many years; they can help to keep temperatures steady; they protect expensive office appliances from direct sunlight, and so much more.
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Seaside styling: How to add a nautical theme to your bathroom using window blinds
- Pretty in pink: a guide to pink window blinds
- I want to install blinds in my office space: which type should I choose?
- How to order a window blind online at Blinds Hut
- How to modernise your home using geometric blinds
- How to give your bedroom a French inspired makeover by using window blinds
- How to create a safari theme in a child’s bedroom
- How to bring nature indoors by using floral window blinds
- How to accessorise with grey window blinds
- How do I keep my blinds protected from damage caused by dogs, cats and other pets?
- How coloured window blinds can help to aid sleep
- A guide to the latest window blind colour trends
- A guide to choosing the right blinds for winter
- 6 beautiful ways to use blue window blinds
- 5 window blinds influenced by New York city living
- 5 white window blinds that you’ll want in your home
- 5 blinds that will help maximise natural lighting in your home
- I want blinds for my bathroom: What should I consider?
- How to use curtains with blinds to block out light
- How to fit a blind to a skylight
- Fabric, venetian or wooden blinds: Which one is right for me?
- The benefits of blinds
- How do I decide whether to have curtains or a blind at my windows?
- Should I go for ready-made or made to measure blinds?
- How to measure windows for blinds: Roller, roman, vertical and venetian
- What to consider when looking for blackout blinds
- How to re-vamp your office using window blinds
- How to repair venetian and roller blinds mechanisms
- How to know when it’s time to replace your blinds
- How to create the illusion of height and width with striped window blinds
- How to create a vintage cottage feel with window blinds
- How to choose a blind on a tight budget
- How to add colour to your kitchen with window blinds
- Add a touch of sophistication to your bedroom with patterned blinds
- Tools and equipment for installing window blinds
- Roman, Roller or Venetian- What style of blind should I go for?
- I’m on a tight budget, are there any ready made blinds that I can customize to fit my window?
- I want a modern and minimalistic look, what kind of blinds would achieve this?
- I have toddlers and I’m concerned about the health and safety issues with the cords on blinds, what can I do?